What are the eligibility criteria for this Program?
The PGPM-Ex is intended for working professionals aspiring for growth in managerial careers. Eligibility includes having a Bachelor's degree with 50% aggregate score and a minimum of 4 years of work experience. There is no upper limit on the amount of prior work experience.
What is the Program structure for PGPM-Ex?
PGPM-Ex comprises of three components(Foundation, Intermediate and Competency modules) and involves a total of around 500 hours of learning spread across classroom learning, online webinars and self study. Candidates would need to dedicate about 3-5 hours on a weekly basis which would include online classes over some weekends for 2-3 hours and the Remaining time for self study and course work such as assignments etc. Contact sessions shall happen at the Great Lakes learning centre in Gurgaon, Bangalore & Hyderabad one weekend every month (~9 hours each day) while webinars will be scheduled Saturday or Sunday.
What is the Program calendar for PGPM-Ex?
PGPM-Ex Batches commence twice a year, in January and July months.
What is unique about the curriculum in PGPM-Ex?
PGPM-Ex program is based on the learnings and achievements of Great Lakes PGPM program, which is now ranked within the top 10 in the country. PGPM-Ex is designed specifically for working professionals keeping in mind their learning needs and career requirements. Some of the salient features that distinguish the PGPM-Ex program include:
- Specializations: PGPM-Ex program enables candidates to skill themselves in industry relevant and career significant specializations such as Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Operations, Product Management, Analytics, etc that are relevant and meaningful in today's business environment.
- World class faculty: The courses are taught by distinguished faculty from Great Lakes and senior executives from the industry.
- Career development: PGPM-Ex program enables candidates to acquire skills that can accelerate their career progression. Candidates in the program get to benefit from career development initiatives such as career planning workshop, resume and interview bootcamps and interacting with industry guests. Candidates are also provided access to lateral opportunities that can help them achieve career transitions.
- Learn while you work: The blended delivery model (classroom and online) of the program makes it convenient for working professionals to attend classroom sessions without having to quit their jobs and pace their learning through online sessions.
- Flexibility: PGPM-Ex offers unparalleled flexibility for candidates in the program that it can be completed in one go or can be finished in a staggered manner.
How will PGPM-Ex help me progress in my career?
The PGPM-Ex equips you with the relevant competencies and skills to excel and transition into business / managerial careers. Some examples could be
- Professionals who would like to transition or progress into business/techno-commercial roles such as Analytics, Product Management, Project Management etc
- Professionals who would want to grow into managerial and leadership roles in current functions
- Functional managers who would like to transition into leadership and general management roles and
- Professionals who want to gain relevant competencies that will make them perform better and stand out in their current roles
Will the Program certificates be awarded by Great Lakes?
The certificates for PGPM-Ex will be awarded by Great Lakes Institute of Management and Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago.
Would Great Lakes faculty be teaching in this course?
The academic modules will be taught by senior Great Lakes faculty who teach on campus programs at Great Lakes. In addition to Great Lakes faculty, senior leadership from the industry would also participate in delivering certain topics/modules.
Where will the classes be held?
PGPM-Ex follows a blended learning approach wherein lecture delivery happens through classroom and online modes. Contact classes will be scheduled for one weekend every month and will be held at the Great Lakes Learning Centre in Gurgaon (Golf Course Road), Bangalore (HSR Layout), Hyderabad (Madhapur), and Mumbai (Powai).
Is PGPM-Ex accredited by UGC or AICTE?
The format of the program (one year blended executive program) does not lend itself to accreditation from AICTE/UGC. However, Great Lakes is an AICTE accredited institution and is one of the few colleges in India to receive accreditation from AMBA (Association of MBAs, UK).
What is the fee payment schedule for the Program?
The total Program fee of Rs.3.95 lacs + GST and can be paid at one go or according to the following payment schedule:
- Payment of Rs.50,000 at the time of acceptance of admission
- Payment of the remaining amount in 3 equal installments
Is accommodation also provided?
Any costs associated with accommodation are not included in the program fee. Program office can provide information regarding accommodation options to participants if needed.
What is the refund policy for the program?
Once an offer has been accepted and the fee has been paid, there shall be no refunds.
Would I have to spend extra on books, online learning material or license fee?
The entire learning content for the program is shared with all candidates through the LMS and is covered as a part of the course fee. However, candidates may choose to purchase any of the additional suggested reference books.
Would the content be available to me after completion of the course?
We believe that learning should continue and hence, all the learning material in terms of lectures and reading content would be available to the candidates until 1 year post completion of the program. Continued access beyond this period would include a nominal fee.
How will I be evaluated during the Program?
PGPM-Ex is designed to be a holistic and rigorous program and follows a continuous evaluation. All courses in the program get evaluated through graded discussions, quizzes, assignments and projects. The evaluations follow an application oriented design rather than being purely theoretical. The capstone project also forms a Crucial part of the overall evaluation of a candidate's performance in the program.
Does the program grant alumni status to all candidates?
Upon successful completion of the program, all PGPM-Ex candidates are considered as Great Lakes alumni and have the same alumni privileges as students from any of the full time programs. These privileges include access to alumni portal, job boards, meetups and networking sessions, Great Lakes events and conferences, etc.
Will there be placements at the completion of the Program?
Though the program does not conduct placement process, having acquired the relevant skills and knowledge required for various industry roles, we expect candidates to have career transitions or growth within their existing organizations and outside. Moreover, through the Career Enhancement Support module and activities, we will be providing career counseling, self-effectiveness and development workshops, industry speaker sessions and networking events that could further enable career transitions.
What is the admission process?
All interested candidates are required to apply to the Program through the online application form. The admissions committee shall review the applications and shortlist candidates for admission interviews. The admission interviews are conducted through telephonic or video conferencing by Great Lakes faculty. Post the interview process, the candidates may be offered admission to PGPM-Ex on the basis of their profile and interview assessment.
How can I apply for the Program?
If you are interested in the Program, you can apply through the online application form. If you need assistance from our team, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9599963671 and we shall guide you through the process.
Is there any financial aid provided?
Great Lakes PGPM-Ex Program has tie-ups with HDFC Credlia, Avanse Education (DHFL Group), MoneyTap, Credifiable, and Axis Bank for providing education loans.