Our Policy applies to all visitors of our Website or App and users who access the services provided by us (“Visitor”/ “you”). Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and learn about our information gathering practices.
By accessing this Website, the user acknowledges acceptance of, and agrees to be bound by, the terms and conditions of this Policy. Great Learning is committed to complying with all applicable data privacy and protection requirements, including those prescribed under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Information Technology (Reasonable Security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (“Data Privacy Rules”). This Policy is keeping in line with this commitment and Great Learning’s commitment to protect your privacy.
This Policy explains:
- Great Learning’s confidentiality obligations in relation to information obtained from Visitors.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- Use and disclosure of information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
This Policy was last updated and posted on 18th September 2018
“Non-Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you when you register, subscribe to services or purchase services on the Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, phone number and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you. This may, in certain circumstances, include sensitive personal information, including, among other things, financial information, credit card details and passwords.
Controllers Of Personal Information
Any Personally Identifiable Information provided to or gathered by Great Learning under this Policy will be stored and controlled by Great Learning.
Information We Collect
- Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website or App. As a Visitor, you can browse our Website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor. If you choose not to provide the Personally Identifiable Information we request, you can still visit most of Great Learning’s web sites, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you. Usage of our App requires you to share certain Personally Identifiable Information.
- If you choose to have a relationship with Great Learning, such as a contractual or other business relationship, Great Learning will naturally continue to contact you in connection with that business relationship. This communication may require us to collect Personally Identifiable Information from you, which may also involve collection of sensitive personal information.
- When you purchase our online products or register for any program having classroom training, you need to make the payment online, thus you will be required to share with us your Personally Identifiable Information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, address(s), credit card number, expiration, and CVV number. During this program, we store your contact information in our registration and order-entry systems. Your credit card information is never stored in our system as it is processed by our payment processors and payment gateways which uses Secure Encryption Technology (Secure Sockets Layer). Our payment processing partners are PayU payment gateway, and payment processors such as Google Tez and UPI.
- You may request details of Personally Identifiable Information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website or App, we automatically collect certain computer or mobile device information by the interaction of your web browser or mobile phone with our Website or App. Such information is typically considered Non-Personal Information considering that this cannot be used to personally identify you. We also collect the following:
- Provide general internal analytics;
- Study traffic patterns in order to improve Website performance, to customise your experience, and to better match your interests and preferences;
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you access the services offered on our Website;
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into the Website after a certain time period has elapsed;
- Save your username and password, if you login to our Website, so that we can process the saved information and quickly log you into the Website; and
- Assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
Third Party Tracking Tools
- We also use third party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of our Website. These third party tracking tools are intended to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our Website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
- We use remarketing with Google Analytics to place advertisements on third party sites that you visit after you have visited our Website. Our third party vendors and us, like Google, use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize and serve advertisements based on your past visits to our Website.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network advertisements by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides Visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc on our Website. This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
- We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you are headed when you leave our Website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the internet, your internet website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Visitors to help improve our Website.
- We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party website, e.g., Facebook, from our Website. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you in the following manner:
Customizing Our Website or App and Sending Relevant Information
- We may use the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us along with any computer or mobile device information we receive to customize our Website or App and send you the relevant information via newsletters and other email/SMS communications.
- If you have purchased a Great Learning course, we may ask you for your feedback, and display your testimonial, your Non-Personal Information, photos or videos on our Website, App or on our social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin and other channels. You should be aware that your Non-Personal Information could be used by third parties to send you unsolicited promotional messages. We are not responsible for your Personally Identifiable Information which you have chosen to display and any unsolicited promotional messages that you may receive from third parties.
- We use the Personally Identifiable Information collected from third party websites for internal purposes. To the extent such Personally Identifiable Information contains images of you, you grant Great Learning a limited, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of or publicly display such images.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
- We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to group or affiliate entities that provide services to us with regards to our Website or App (i.e. payment processors (list the payment processors), website hosting companies Amazon AWS, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services to us.
Disclosure to Acquirers
- Great Learning may disclose and/or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of Great Learning to which your Personally Identifiable Information relates.
- We retain the right to collect and use any Non-Personal Information collected from your use of our Website or App and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website or App and services as well as for use or resale to others. While it is possible that certain Personally Identifiable Information may be collected for the purpose of data aggregation, the aggregated data will be anonymised and will not contain any Personally Identifiable Information.
Legally Required Releases of Information
- We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our legal terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Visitors; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Great Learning, our Visitors, employees, and affiliates.
Protecting Your Child's Privacy
- Our Website or App are not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 ("Child"), though we realize we may have a Child attempt to make purchases on our Website or App. We do not verify the age of our Visitors nor do we have any liability for verifying a Visitor’s age. If you are a Child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website or App.
Links to other websites
- Our Website or App may contain links to other websites that are not under our direct control. These websites may have their own policies regarding privacy. We have no control of or responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our Visitors. You access such linked websites at your own risk. These websites are not subject to this Policy. You should check the privacy policies, if any, of those individual websites to see how the operators of those third-party websites will utilize your personal information. In addition, these websites may contain a link to websites of our affiliates. The websites of our affiliates are not subject to this Policy, and you should check their individual privacy policies to see how the operators of such websites will utilize your Personally Identifiable Information.
- By visiting, accessing and/or using the Website or App and/or submitting your information, you consent to such use of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information as detailed in this Policy. As always, we are happy to clarify any questions or concerns that you may have.
- You have a right to opt-out of providing any of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information. However, in such event, we reserve the right to refuse or limit your access and use of the Website or App and its features, including services offered on the Website or App.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use, disclosure or transfer of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information. However, in such event, your access and use of the Website or App and its features, including services offered on our Website or App, will be limited.
- You have the right to update or correct any of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information. You may contact us in the event any updates or corrections are required to be made to any of your information.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from any commercial communication, which is not essential for us to provide you with our services. You may exercise such right by clicking on any of our emails.
- You can electronically copy or take print outs of the pages on our Website and App, only for personal use. Great Learning holds the copyright to all the material on its Website and App, unless otherwise indicated. A written permission from us must be obtained for any use of our material other than for purposes permitted by law.
Confidentiality, Security and Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
- Great Learning takes reasonable measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of Personally Identifiable Information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the internet will be intercepted. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your Great Learning account is deactivated.
Our email policy
- Our affiliates and us fully comply with national laws regarding spam. You can always opt out of receipt of further promotional email correspondence from us and/or our affiliates. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
- We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. You should review this Policy frequently. We will also change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of this Policy. Any changes we make to our Policy are effective as of this Last Updated date and replace any prior Policies.
- As per rule 5(9) of the Data Privacy Rules, Mr. Hari Krishnan Nair has been designated as Grievance Officer. The contact details of the officer are as below:
E-mail id: email@example.com
- All the grievances and any discrepancies of the provider of information shall be redressed within one month (30 days) from the date of receipt of grievance.
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us