"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
"Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, phone no. and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
- Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still visit most of Great Learning’s web sites, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- If you chose to have a relationship with Great Learning, such as a contractual or other business relationship, Great Learning will naturally continue to contact you in connection with that business relationship.
- When you purchase our online products or register for any program having classroom training, you need to make the payment online, thus you will be required to share with us your personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, address(s), credit card number, expiration, and CVV number. During this program, we store your contact information in our registration and order-entry systems. Your credit card information is never stored in our system as it is processed by our payment gateway which uses Secure Encryption Technology (SSL). Our payment processing partners are CCAvenue, PayPal, and Google Checkout.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
Third Party Tracking Tools
- We also use third party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of our Website. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our Website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
- We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise on third party sites to you after you visited our Site. We and our third party vendors, like Google, use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
- We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party website, e.g., Facebook, from our Websites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
Customizing Our Website and Sending Relevant Information
- We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website and send you the relevant information via newsletters and other email/SMS communications.
- If you have purchased a Great Learning course, we may ask you for your feedback, and display your testimony, your public information, photos or videos on our website or on our social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin etc. You should be aware that your publicly identifiable or displayed information could be used by third parties to send you unsolicited promotional, unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for your personal information which you have chosen to display and any unsolicited promotional messages that you may receive from third parties.
- We use the Personally Identifiable Information collected from third party websites for internal purposes. To the extent such Personally Identifiable Information contains images of you, you grant Great Learning a limited, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of or publicly display such images.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
- We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services.
Disclosure to Acquirers
- Great Learning may disclose and/or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of Great Learning to which your Personally Identifiable Information relates.
- We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
Legally Required Releases of Information
- We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Great Learning, our Users, employees, and affiliates
Protecting Your Child's Privacy
- Our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 ("Child"), though we realize we may have a Child attempt to make purchases on our Website. We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User's age. If you are a Child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website.
Links to other websites
- You can electronically copy or take print outs of the website pages, only for personal use. Great Learning holds the copyright to all the material on this website, unless otherwise indicated. A written permission from the copyright holder must be obtained for any use of this material other than for purposes permitted by law.
Confidentiality, Security and Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
- Great Learning takes reasonable measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of Personally Identifiable Information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your Great Learning account is deactivated.
Our email policy
- Our affiliates and we fully comply with national laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further promotional email correspondence from us and/or our affiliates. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
- As per rule 5(9) of the Data Privacy Rules, Mr. Hari Krishnan Nair has been designated as Grievance Officer. The contact details of the officer are as below:
E-mail id: email@example.com
- All the grievances and any discrepancies of the provider of information shall be redressed within one month (30 days) from the date of receipt of grievance.
- If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us