Build your cybersecurity career with us
Master in-demand skills
Learn Security Design, Cryptography, Emerging Threats and Defences, Network Security and much more.
Showcase your expertise
Get your cybersecurity skills recognized with a certificate from the Stanford Center for Professional Development.
Gain practical experience
Participate in projects that foster hands-on learning.
Get mentored by experts
Mentorship from cybersecurity practitioners who bring the industry perspective.
Learn from the best
- Computer Security Design and Principles
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Worms and Other Malware
- Secure Programming Techniques
- Control Hijacking Attacks and Defenses
- Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Attacks Using Virtual Machines
- Language-based Security Models
- Tools for Writing Code Securely
- Isolation Techniques
- SQL Injection (and other forms of command injection including LDAP and XPath Injection)
- Browser Security Model (document object model, same-origin-policy and violations of it), and SSL
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Cross-Site Request Forgery (XSRF), and Cross-Site Script Inclusion (XSSI), Clickjacking
- Coverage of HTML5 vulnerabilities due to frame communication, localstorage, cross-origin resource sharing, and other HTML5 features
- Prevention techniques including input validation, output escaping, signatures, message authentication codes, and frame busting
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Symmetric Encryption
- Using Cryptography Correctly
- Public-Key Cryptography
- Advanced Topics in Cryptography
- User Authentication
- Application security measures
- Trends in malware, privacy and security for mobile devices
- How to idenitfy operating system holes
- Ways to prevent network attacks and gaps in security policy
- The important interplay of privacy and digital right management
- Advanced persistent threats and mobile threats
- Cloud trust assumptions and threat models
- Machine learning use for detection and defenses
- Network traffic analysis, web trafficking and defenses
- SSL/TLS protocol and authentication infrastructure
- Trusted cloud hardware and advanced cryptographic solutions
This 6-month structured program will help you gain advanced skills needed to protect networks, secure electronic assets, prevent attacks, ensure the privacy of your customers, and build secure infrastructures.
World-class learning material
Online content drawing from the latest research and best practices, synthesized by Stanford faculty and industry experts.
Gain real-world insights
Get access to exclusive insights from senior industry practitioners at leading organizations such as Google, LinkedIn and Data Theorem.
Learn from highly accomplished peers. Participate in discussions, engage in community problem-solving and build your network.
Gain industry-relevant skills through hands-on projects. Apply what you’ve learnt to real-world problems and build your professional portfolio.
Get expert guidance
Mr. Subhajit Deb
Chief Information Security Officer
Mr. Nirmallya Mukherjee
Former Chief Architect
Great Learning alumni work in the best companies
Who is this program for?
This program is suited for professionals working in roles including:
- done Information Technology Professionals
- done Software Engineers
- done System Architects
- done Software Developers
- done App Developers
- done Systems Analysts
- done Network Security Engineers
- done VAPT/Pentesters
- done Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- done 3-5 years of professional experience in Computer Science or IT.
Go through a screening call with the Admission Director's office.
Join the program
Your profile will be shared with the Program Director for final selection.
(Inclusive of taxes)
Candidates can pay the program fee through
Pay in 12 EMIs at 0% Interest Rate with ZestMoney
Batch start dates
Upcoming application deadline
We follow a rolling admission process and admissions are closed once the requisite number of participants enroll for the upcoming batch. So, we encourage you to apply early and secure your seat.Apply Now
Frequently asked questions
The Stanford Advanced Computer Security Certificate Program will provide you the skills needed to protect networks, secure electronic assets, prevent attacks, ensure the privacy of your customers, and build secure infrastructure. Through six online computer science courses , you'll have access to the latest research and best practices from world-class Stanford faculty and leading cybersecurity professionals. The course material is concise, relevant, and designed specifically for busy professionals in today's cyber workforce.
Who Should Enroll
Whether you manage small projects or large-scale initiatives, the Stanford Advanced Computer Security Certificate Program will benefit you. Participants’ job titles include the following (and much more):
- Information Technology Professionals
- Network Security Engineers
- Software Developers
- App Developers
- Software Engineers
- System Architects
- Systems Analysts
- Network engineers
- VAPT / Pentesters