PGP - Data Science and Engineering
Why Join PGP-DSE?
Great Lakes PGP-DSE is a 5-month classroom program for fresh graduates and early career professionals looking to build their career in data science & analytics. Candidates from the program are able to transition to roles such as business analysts, data analysts, data engineer, analytics engineer etc. by learning relevant data science techniques, tools and technologies and hands-on application through industry case studies.
Ranked #1 in analytics education
Great Lakes’ program has been ranked #1 in India for 4 years in a row, and has an average rating of 4.8/5 across parameters like Course Content, Pedagogy, Facutly, and Brand Value.
PG Certificate from Great Lakes
Great Lakes is one of India’s top 10 business schools, the youngest institute in India to receive an AMBA, UK accreditation, and a leader in analytics education.
World class faculty
You gain from the decades of experience and expertise brought to the table by Great Lakes faculty in their chosen domains. Several of Great Lakes faculty have been ranked among India’s top Data Science academicians.
Intensive bootcamp format
The program follows an intensive bootcamp format where you learn data science and machine learning from expert faculty in classroom and deepen your expertise by working on data science lab sessions. The program duration is 20 weeks including 4 weeks of capstone project.
The program covers the tools and skills sought by leading companies in Data Science. Through the duration of the program, candidates are trained on Python, SQL, Tableau, Data Science and Machine Learning. Participants in the program build their knowledge through classroom lectures by expert faculty and doing multiple challenging projects across various topics and applications in Data Science.
Through the corporate network of Great Lakes, several leading companies participate in the hiring drives organised for PGP-DSE candidates. Some of the companies that have recently participated in the hiring process of PGP-DSE include: Cognizant Technology Solutions, Mahindra, Big Basket, Flipkart, Vestas, TVS, Jana Finance, Kantar, Marlabs, HSBC, etc.
The 5-month PGP-DSE program uses a combination of learning methods that include classroom teaching, hands-on exercises, and sessions with industry practitioners. Classes are conducted on weekdays and are assisted by online discussions and assignments.
Classroom sessions by our top-ranked faculty would be conducted from Monday to Thursday starting 9:30 AM at the Great Learning center.
Regular in-class lab sessions help candidates apply data science concepts to real-life scenarios under the guidance of a faculty and industry expert.
4-Week project work
Candidates work on an application-oriented industry project where they are mentored and evaluated by Great Lakes faculty and industry experts.
Great Lakes Certificate & ePortfolio
Earn a Great Lakes certificate and create an ePortfolio to showcase your learning & projects in a snapshot. Your certificate and ePortfolio can also be shared on social media channels to establish your credibility in Data Science.
Our corporate partners are deeply involved in curriculum design ensuring that it meets the current industry requirements for data science professionals.
- Syntax and Semantics of Python programming
- Conditional statements
- User-defined functions
- Summary statistics (mean, median, mode, variance, standard deviation)
- Probability distribution
- Normal distribution
- Poisson's distribution
- Bayes’ theorem
- Central limit theorem
- Hypothesis testing
- One Sample T-Test
- Anova and Chi-Square
- Introduction to DBMS
- ER diagram
- Schema design
- Key constraints and basics of normalization
- Subqueries involving joins and aggregations
- Independent subqueries
- Correlated subqueries
- Analytic functions
- Set operations
- Grouping and filtering
Machine Learning Techniques
- Multiple linear regression
- Fitted regression lines
- AIC, BIC, Model Fitting, Training and Test Data
- Introduction to Logistic regression, interpretation, odds ratio
- Misclassification, Probability, AUC, R-Square
- KNN (classifier, distance metrics, KNN regression)
- Decision Trees (hyper parameter, depth, number of leaves)
- Naive Bayes
- Clustering - K-Means & Hierarchical
- Distance methods - Euclidean, Manhattan, Cosine, Mahalanobis
- Features of a Cluster - Labels, Centroids, Inertia
- Eigen vectors and Eigen values
- Principal component analysis
- Bagging & Boosting
- Random Forest
- AdaBoost & Gradient boosting
- Trend and seasonality
- Smoothing (moving average)
- SES, Holt & Holt-Winter Model
- AR, Lag Series, ACF, PACF
- ADF, Random walk and Auto Arima
- Text cleaning, regular expressions, Stemming, Lemmatization
- Word cloud, Principal Component Analysis, Bigrams & Trigrams
- Web scrapping, Text summarization, Lex Rank algorithm
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA) Technique
- Word2vec Architecture (Skip Grams vs CBOW)
- Text classification, Document vectors, Text classification using Doc2vec
- Building interactive dashboards using Tableau
- Data Visualization using Tableau
Learn from the Best
Learn from leading academicians and experienced industry practitioners in the field of data science.
Several leading companies have participated in the hiring drive for PGP-DSE candidates. Participants from the program have secured roles such as Business Analyst, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Analyst, Analytics Consultant etc. Here are some of the companies that have recently participated in the PGP-DSE hiring drives:
PGP-DSE program has been designed to help candidates jumpstart their careers in Data Science and Machine Learning. Here is what some of our PGP-DSE candidates have to share:
Jana Small Finance
- done Applicants should have 60% or above in Xth, XIIth and Bachelor's degree.
- done The program is open for candidates in their final semester and recent graduates with 0-3 years of experience.
- done PGP-DSE is ideal for candidates with a graduation in a quantitative discipline like engineering, mathematics, commerce, sciences, statistics, economics, etc.
Fill application form
Apply by filling a simple online application form.
Admissions committee will review and shortlist.
Screening call with Alumni/ Program Director/ Faculty
Shortlisted candidates are required to appear for an online aptitude test.
Candidates can pay the program fee through
Our tie-ups with several lending partners like HDFC Credila, Avanse (DHFL), MoneyTap, Credifiable, and Axis Bank ensure that money is not a constraint in the path of learning.
Batch Start Dates
25th Feb 2019
28th Jan 2019
18th Feb 2019
25th Feb 2019
4th Mar 2019
4th Feb 2019
4th Mar 2019
Upcoming Application Deadline
We follow a rolling admission process and admissions are closed once the requisite number of participants enroll for the upcoming batch. So, we encourage you to apply early and secure your seat.Apply Now
Frequently Asked Questions
The Post Graduate Program in Data Science & Engineering is open for candidates in their final semester and recent graduates with 0-3 years of experience. Applicants should also have 60% or above in Xth, XIIth, and Bachelor's.