Dr. R.L. Shankar
Professor, Finance & Analytics
B.Tech (IIT Madras), MS (Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh)
Dr. R.L. Shankar is a professor of finance and analytics with over ten years of experience teaching MBA students, Ph.D. scholars and working executives. He has BTech from IIT Madras, MS in computational finance from Carnegie Mellon University, US, Ph.D. in Finance, EDHEC (Singapore), and has trained over 2,000 executives from prestigious firms. With multiple research papers published under his name, he recently received a research grant from NYU Stern School of Business and NSE for original research on Low latency trading and co-movement of asset prices.
- Ranked 15th in the "20 Most Prominent Analytics & Data Science Academicians In India: 2018".
- Rated among the" Top 40 under 40" infuential teachers by the New Indian Express.
- Current Academic Position: Professor of Finance and Analytics, Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- Prominent Credentials: He has been a visiting professor at IIM Kozhikode, IIM Trichy, and IIM Ranchi. He is also a TEDx speaker.
- Research Interest: Algorithmic trading, market microstructure, imperfections in derivatives markets and non-parametric risk measurement techniques.
- Teaching Experience: More than 15 years.
- Ph.D. in Finance from EDHEC (Singapore).