About this course
An understanding of basic statistical concepts provides a strong foundation for further learning in the fields of data analysis, data science and even some areas of machine learning. This course covers the basics of descriptive statistics, and teaches you more advanced concepts such as hypothesis testing and Bayes’ theorem. The course also explains in a simple manner the various kinds of statistical distributions and how to apply them to business problems.
Statistics for Machine Learning
- Introduction to Statistics
- Why statistics is so important
- Big Data
- The four pillars of Business Analytics in details
- Data Vs information
- Frequency distribution and plots
- Central tendency_Mean_Median and Mode
- Measures of Dispersion and Range_Standard Deviation
- The five number summary and boxplots
- Probability concepts Uncertainty and Volatility
- Example for Rules Addition Multiplication Marginal
- Bayes Theorem
- Probability Distributions
- Binomial Distribution using Python
- Poisson Distribution
- Poisson Distribution using Python
- Normal Distribution and its exercises in Excel
- Normal Distribution using Python
- Hypothesis Testing
Get Statistics for Machine Learning course completion certificate from Great learning which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
Discussion on Statistics for Machine Learning
More Machine Learning Courses
Great Learning Academy - Free Online Certification Courses
Great Learning Academy, an initiative taken by Great Learning to provide free online courses in various domains, enables professionals and students to learn the most in-demand skills to help them achieve career success.
Great Learning Academy offers free certificate courses with 1000+ hours of content across 100+ courses in various domains such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IT & Software, Cloud Computing, Marketing & Finance, Big Data, and more. It has offered free online courses with certificates to 500,000+ learners from 140 countries. The Great Learning Academy platform allows you to achieve your career aspirations by working on real-world projects, learning in-demand skills, and gaining knowledge from the best free online courses with certificates. Apart from the free courses, it provides video content and live sessions with industry experts as well.